“Yoga is 99% Practice and 1% Theory”. – Sri Krishna Pattabhi Jois
My first experience in Yoga goes back to 2002, I felt so drawn to it and somehow I fell in love with it, however due to personal circumstances, I had to stop practising and got involved in running my own business as a Chef Proprietor.
I moved back to Staines upon Thames in 2006. I started attending yoga classes in the local health clubs and yoga studios. My first yoga teacher was the inspirational Heather George. Heather’s positive support encouraged me to take a qualification in teaching yoga and follow my current path. I was also very fortunate to come into contact with many other inspirational teachers of other yogic disciplines such as Ashtanga, Tantric, anusara & mindfulness.
My previous job as a Head Chef made me aware of how very stressful life has become especially in the corporate environment. I have noticed how desperate people are nowadays to compensate and restore their peace of mind and physical health.
Having a background in Lebanese Cuisine, which has a Mediterranean influence, and qualifications in catering, I can offer a tailored yoga practice combined with advice for a healthy diet.
I motivate and inspire my students leading by my own example that yoga is a way of life, a journey to be taken peacefully and healthily in both mind and body. As with everything, although others cannot always see it, yoga is 10% ability and 90% effort in order to achieve goals. We learn to overcome our fear of failure as we progress to our greatest potential.
Workshops & Personal Skills
- I have been assisting and teaching various yoga retreats with Heather George since 2008
- I teach and take part in various charity events such as World Yoga Day and Crisis every year
- I run & cover classes in various clubs and health centres such as Virgin Active Staines, Riverbourne Health Club, Spelthorne Leisure Centre , Mathew Arnold ,Nuffield Health Club , The Runnymede-on-Thames Hotel, and Penny Hill Park Hotel, Spa & Resort
- I am running a monthly workshop at the local health club
- I was featured in Sianna Sherman’s DVD: Mythic Yoga Flow, which was filmed in NuBoyana Film Studios in Sofia, Bulgaria
- I have worked with a leading martial arts club in London to work on their needs in relation to rehabilitation and flexibility
- I am highly reliable and I am often chosen to cover classes of my peers because of my reputation
- I am an excellent communicator
- I encourage all range of abilities and I always adapt my classes to suit everyone
- I am a qualified chef with a passion for healthy food
- I have catered for yoga retreats both here in the UK and abroad
- I am always actively looking for new classes to teach and further training for myself
- 9 years’ experience of practising yoga and 5 years’ experience of teaching yoga
- BSY Diploma in Hatha Yoga, 200 hours
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace
- Present Mind – Mindfulness course with Alison Armstrong
- Teachers’ Training Workshop with Sianna Sherman – Riding with Tigers
- Teacher’s Training Workshop with Sianna Sherman – Aim your Arrow
- Gravatonic Swing Yoga Teacher Training
- 300 hour Rasa Yoga Teacher Training With Sianna Sherman